- All students will continue to read the e-books published
by SCHOLASTIC (named as “e-Library” below) which
provides pupils with more than 600 hundred books with
different levels of difficulties.
- All students need to read a book and do a worksheet
during long holidays.
- In order to make the e-Library more user-friendly,
one e-book in every two months will be assigned to
students of each level every month. Of course,
students are welcome to read more than one
e-book every month.
- P4 and P5 students are encouraged to read e-books
on their tablets during morning reading time.
- In order to encourage students to read e-books regularly
and continuously, we will work with our school librarian
to promote a new reading award scheme.
A wide range of questions and higher-order thinking
be provided in all levels.
- Apart from the literal questions, more higher-order
thinking questions such as inferential, evaluative and
affective questions need to be asked in lessons and
set in worksheets
In order to put a more balanced emphasis on both language forms and
authentic language use, modifications will be made in our assessment
system starting from this academic year:
- For P4-P6
- In each of the exam papers in P4-P6, an extra short writing task,
which carries 6%, will be added. Hence, the percentage in assessing
pupils’ language forms will be decreased accordingly.
- In order to better prepare pupils to meet the new
of the writing tasks in the exams, short writing tasks will
be provided in daily teaching in P4-P6.
- For P1-P3
- The final task in the PLP-R/W programme will contribute 10%,
while the exam paper will make up the remaining 90% of the GE.
Hopefully, P1-P3 pupils are more able to realize the importance
of writing tasks.
- Making use of the visual tool teaching kits
(PowerPoint and worksheets) to enhance students’ ability in
- Sharing sessions will be held in both Terms 1 and 2 so
as to ensure the visual tool teaching kits can be best
used by teachers.
- An evaluation form will be filled out by teachers
after using the visual tool teaching kits. Amendments
to the worksheets need to be made when necessary
in order to enhance the effectiveness of the teaching kits.
- Teachers will make good use of thinking tools to produce
teaching kits for 2017-2018 during the lesson-enrichment
meeting Cycle 3 so as to facilitate pupils to think more effectively.
- In January English panel heads will have a meeting
with the Vice Principal, Miss Law, and Academic Mistress,
Miss Tse, to explore the thinking tools which help students
extend their ideas for writing tasks and presentation.
- In February the Vice Principal, Academic Mistress
and the English panel heads will introduce a variety of
thinking tools to teachers on the teachers’ development day.
- In May the thinking tool teaching kits designed by
English teachers will be collected and evaluated.
- In June the thinking tool teaching kits need to be
amended when necessary after evaluation
- Designing of e-Teaching kits to enhance students’ learning ability.
- e-Teaching kits which facilitate teaching and
learning will be designed in Cycle 1.
- P.5 teachers will continue to develop some e-Teaching kits.
- Teachers design short writing tasks in
groups for the exam
paper for P4-6
- (Term 1: e-mails & personal comments)
(Term 2: create an ending to a story)
- In order to help teachers improve questioning techniques,
a seminar and a workshop will be held.In the workshop,
teachers will design high-order thinking questions in groups.
- A seminar on TSA analysis of P.3 and P.6
so that pupils’ strengths and weaknesses will be analysed.